Easter and Passover coincide once again this year, so if you’re going to a party that celebrates one or both of these holidays, I have a few treat ideas that will suit your needs.
- Homemade Peeps – these are fairly easy to make, and the mistakes are just as tasty as the cute ones. Be sure to stock up on pretty pastel sugar!
- Decorate Your Own Cookies – This station was a hit at an Easter party I hosted a couple of years ago. Make some egg-shaped sugar cookies and leave out some icing, sprinkles, and non-pareils for your guests to create their own Easter desserts.
- Matzah Bark – a delicious, Kosher for Passover treat, this will be a hit with anyone whether they’re celebrating Passover or not!
- Macaroons – Different than French Macarons, these coconut treats are a staple during Passover. Dip them into Kosher chocolate for that extra somethin’-somethin’.
While those are some holiday specific ideas, one of the other wonderful things about this time of year is the overall theme of Springtime! To me, that means pastels, fruit, and flowers. Here are some other wonderful treats that remind me of springtime…
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream – Strawberries have been on sale here in So Cal, so put the 2-fer deals to good use!
- Watermelon Granita – Same thing with watermelons, mini seedless ones are ridiculously cheap in my local market. (Ralph’s)
- Key Lime or Lemon Bars – Though citrus are often harvested in winter, lemon and lime always make me think of spring or summer refreshment.
- Sugar Cookies – because they’re amazing, and you can also dress them up in festive colors.
- Cool Whip Pie – light and satisfying, it’s the perfect ending to a springtime celebration.