I have to thank the lovely Domestic Diva, M.D. for this Kreativ Blogging award. My favorite thing about her blog is that it’s equal parts hilarious stories from her life and recipes! (You know I love a good recipe.)
Bloggers who win the award must complete the following steps:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2. List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
Here goes. I’m a fascinating person, so limiting myself to only 7 interesting facts was a toughie…
- I went to the University of Miami, which pretty much defines me come football season. (That, and being from NY which defines me during professional football season. Pretty much the same season, just different game days. Go Giants!) When people ask me why I chose Miami for school, I ask them if they’ve ever been there.
- I am addicted to Boggle. What started as a fun family game night has evolved into a brutal up-til-1am competition. This made sleep, as well as eye contact with my parents, particularly difficult to come by during the holidays. (We used to compete at Scrabble, and still challenge each other to crossword puzzles over breakfast.)
- I took drum lessons for a few years, which actually isn’t even common knowledge among people who know me well. (I’ll know you read my blog if you bring it up in the future.) I was looking for a new hobby, and I’d always wanted to learn how to play, so I researched music schools and found a teacher. Getting all four limbs to work simultaneously at doing different things (a la patting your head and rubbing your belly) is quite the challenge.
- The one thing that has oddly helped loosen me up in the past year is taking a dance aerobics class at my gym. I can be all goofy and sassy twice a week in front of 40 or so other people, and not feel self-conscious about it… A small miracle, really. It’s helped me tremendously in my karaoke performances.
- I got in trouble at a previous place of employment for putting down 8 hours of “pretending I’m not here” on a timecard. Out of context, I can see how that was misconstrued… From what I gather, that story was told for quite some time after I left. It was kind of my Costanza moment.
- The majority of artwork in my apartment is my own. I guess I don’t brag enough about my art skills, but that was my first love. I knew I wanted to be a graphic designer when I was in 7th grade, I even wrote a paper about it, though I had no idea what it actually was – it just sounded awesome. Graphic design ended up being half of my double major in college.
- My other major was film production. As I saw somewhere recently, likely Pinterest, I think this sums me up – “I speak fluently in movie quotes.” I didn’t know there were others like me out there until I went to college. A lot of the time when I say stuff to non-movie people, I hear, “what’s that from?” Sometimes it’s actually an original thought
And now, here are 7 bloggers that you should start following!
- Eggton – I discovered her on freshly pressed, and we are kindred spirits. Her ridiculous stories, and yummy recipes, will keep you thoroughly entertained!
- Sew Katie Did – because if I knew anything about quilting, I’d love to have learned it from her.
- Child’s Own Studio – I know she’s gone viral for her knack at turning children’s drawings into softie stuffed animals, and it’s because of her kreativ vision.
- Listful Thinking – because I still think it’s clever and hilarious how she compiles funny things as well as life stories and lessons into lists.
- Regected Riter – because he’s finally back, and his entries and cartoons are wonderful, and there’s actually some important tips in there for aspiring playwrights.
- How to Cook Like Your Grandmother - Because Drew has given me some of my favorite recipes , all of them straightforward and delicious. Don’t believe me? Try making these brownies.
- Hummingbird & Heart – She makes lovely crafts from the heart, and many of them are even edible!